NARATIVE FEATURE COMPETITION
(live action or animation)
CANNES: April 1, 2012
HAMPTONS: June 15, 2012
- Minimum running time 60 minutes
Our Programming Philosophy
Films submitted for consideration in the narrative feature section are reviewed by the AFI Screening Committee (comprised of film industry professionals) and based on artistic merit and commercial viability.
Films in the narrative feature section must be nominated to compete for the following awards by the festival's Screening Committee. Please note: acceptance to this section does not automatically qualify your film.
- Grand Jury Award for Best Film
- Grand Jury Awards for Best Performance by an Actor (male or female)
- Grand Jury Award for Best Screenplay
- Grand Jury Award for Best Director
- Audience Award
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED AT AFI'S OFFICE BY THESE DATES IN ORDER TO QUALIFY. NOT POSTMARKED BY THESE DATES, RECEIVED IN OFFICE. ANYTHING RECEIVED AFTER THE LISTED SUBMISSION DATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.