2016 film line up and awards
This year we are fortunate to have a great selection of powerful films in our Cannes Program. All our official selections are have been recognized, starting with Tagore's Natir Puja which won Best Cultural Film as well as Best Cinematography. The Black Wine of EROS out of Greece has been awarded Best Art Short Film. Our two feature documentaries both have amazing messages, starting with the more modern Ukraine. Paralipomenon. A Chronicle of Omissions our Best Feature Documentary. Then going back to biblical times, Two Zions: The Living Legacy of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon wins Best Historical Documentary. All our filmmakers will be honored with their awards at our Cannes World Peace Gala "Peace and Tolerance, Cinema Arts & Awards Show" for our fourth year running.
Artisan Festival International: Cannes World Cinema Initiative
Artisan Festival International: World Cinema Initiative provides the opportunity for a select group of filmmakers to submit their films to our Filmmaker program, geared towards taking independent filmmakers into the international industry, and showing them how to expand their own projects into this market place. We are happy to showcase a diverse line-up of narratives, documentaries, short films, music videos, webisodes, and video art.
While we operate as a festival in our USA markets, (The Hamptons, Miami, Hollywood) we are an initiative in Cannes, focused on promoting World Peace and World Cinema.
Artisan Festival International World Cinema Initiative is excited to announce submissions are now open for our 4th Annual Filmmaker Program which includes our 3rd Annual 48 hour Filmmaker Challenge. We believe that part of filmmaking should be fun and while some times it may feel too much like work, we all can remember the excitement of our first film project and that feeling of newness. The 48 Hour Filmmaker Challenge reinvigorates that newness feeling by giving you a set of guidelines to follow and a short amount of time to do it. In addition to one winning film, we feel it's great to be able to go home and announce that you made a new film in Cannes, which was part of an international competition!
Artisan Festival International World Cinema Initiative Cannes Filmaker Program
Join us as we celebrate cinema during the prestigious Festival de Cannes under our umbrella initiative, World Peace Cinema: Cannes Filmmaker Program. Those who are accepted to participate in this rigorous event program will obtain the following benefits:
- Understanding of how the Cannes Film Market works
- Networking events with industry tastemakers, sales agents, buyers, investors, and producers
- Invitation to A.F.I. World Peace Initiative Signature Event on May 19th
- Short Film Competition: individuals will shoot a film while in Cannes, edit, and complete. The winning film will be showcased at a private event. This is a 48 hour film challenge.
This Filmmaker Program will provide exposure and the necessary tools for you to understand the market place and enjoy what Cannes has to offer. This program is hosted by our veteran staff, with years of experience working the festival environment of Cannes and the marketplace. We are able and excited to include you in one of the most glamorous deal making festivals on the globe. Individuals which may apply for this program are: Filmmakers, models, musicians, producers, directors with scripts to secure funding and fine artists. The events which take place during Festival de Cannes, can provide many opportunities for everyone to be involved, and make their dreams come true. This program is not connected is not connected in any way shape or form to Festival De Cannes. Artisan Festival International is a separate entity whom uses this time of year to help benefit arts in the film industry by making connections and helping them garner exposure, by taking advantage of the thousands of industry professionals which visit Cannes during the Cannes Film Festival.
DISCLOSURE: WHAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE
It is important to protect your credibility to understand the proper language for this event:
- Your film is NOT in Festival de Cannes, therefore under no circumstances shall you list this or include this is ANY press, websites, videos or verbal exchange with others as it is an outright lie. You risk being disqualified from our curated program if we find out you breach this protocol.
- You are not allowed to use any of Festival de Cannes promotional materials to promote your venture in Cannes, all materials are wholly owned by Festival de Cannes and they in turn could ban you from future attendance of their festival in every capacity (you don't want to be black listed).
HERE IS WHY
- Our team has been screening at the Marche du Film for over 16 years, and we are able to showcase films under our distribution umbrella.
- We have selected high quality films which meet our criteria, to be a part of a SPECIAL curated program that is a part of Artisan Festival International (World Cinema Initiative) 'Cannes Program'.
- If you promote your film as entered in the Cannes Film Festival (Festival de Cannes) you risk your credibility; anyone can access the film database on their website and see you are not listed which has just lost you the contact you were grooming for future business.
WHAT YOU CAN SAY WITH GLITZ, GLAMOUR AND PRIDE
- Your film screened in a Curated Program of Artisan Festival International World Cinema Initiative program during Festival de Cannes.
- You will receive A.F.I. laurels to promote your acceptance in our Cannes Program.
- You can say, "my film may be up for an award within their curated program," and "through Artisan Festival International World Cinema Initiative, who has a curated program in Cannes, my film screened in the Marche du Film as a World Premiere".
If you are a filmmaker and do not have a film to include in our program, you may apply to be a part of Artisan Cannes Program. Models, musicians, producers, directors, and fine artist are encouraged to please fill out the form with an application fee of $30
2016 Cannes Filmmaker Program and Non-Film Submission Form
Your Submission Processing Fee of $75 will be invoiced to you in order to complete your application.